This year’s Annual Meeting event was a huge success with nearly one hundred participants in attendance.
Attendees had the opportunity to share ideas and collaborate with one another during the evening networking receptions.
The event kicked off with a Roundtable Meeting entitled “Understanding the Impacts of Regulations” with the overall objective of how to balance your business’s bottom-line with governmental regulations. Vince Albanese, consultant with Fuel Tech, Inc., led off with a presentation “Government Affairs: An Essential Part of Marketing for Environmental Services Business.” Jim Staudt’s, Andover Technology Partners, presentation “From Regulation to Market Forecast,” took a deeper dive into Vince’s subject by showing the methodologies he takes in developing the annual ICAC Market Forecast. Finally, Doug Austin, ICAC, gave his traditional regulatory update of recent developments in NAAQS, MACTs, and GHG.
Thursday, we heard from an informative and engaging list of speakers:
- Jeff Holmstead, Attorney, Bracewell & Giuliani – “Overly Ambitious? A Realistic Look at What EPA Will Actually Accomplish in the Next 2 Years”
- Mark Svrcek, Chief Operating Officer & Sr. VP of Corporate Strategy, Central Electric Power Cooperative, Inc. – “Proposed Clean Power Plan Projected Impacts on South Carolina Consumers”
- Vince Brisini, Director of Environmental Affairs, Olympus Power, LLC – “Practical Issues of CO2 Regulation using the Clean Air Act”
- Tomás Carbonell, Senior Attorney, US Climate & Air Program, Environmental Defense Fund – “New Horizons in Protecting Public Health and Climate Under Existing Federal Law”
- Clint Woods, Executive Director, Association of Air Pollution Control Agencies – “New Developments in Cooperative Federalism and the Clean Air Act”
- Myra Reece, Air Bureau Chief, South Carolina Department of Health and Environmental Control – “The Need for Clean Air Act Reform”
- Janet Gellici, Executive Vice President and Chief Operating Officer, National Coal Council – “Fossil Forward – Revitalizing CCS”
On Friday, we held our annual membership and divisions meeting. ICAC officers provided reports and reviewed ICAC’s key accomplishments in FY15. We also took a look at the future and how ICAC can continue to lead efforts to improve air quality and provide the most value to our members. Congratulations to Sheila Glesmann, Angelos Kokkinos and Karl Walby for receiving Persons of the Year awards for their outstanding work with ICAC!
At the General Divisions Meeting, Doug Austin led the attendees through past and upcoming division activities, with assistance from the Division Chairs, Angelos Kokkinos, GHG Division; Angelos and Mark Burns, Power Division; Sheila Glesmann and Rich Mimna, Mercury Control Division; Cindy Khalaf, NOx Control Division; Bob Davis, Emissions Measurement Division; and Karl Walby, Industrial Source Division. Thank you to each of our division chairs for their insight and leadership throughout the year.
We would also like to thank this year’s ICAC Annual Meeting Sponsors for their contributions and making this year’s event a success!
Help spread the word! Share this with your followers who may have been unable to attend.